Tuesday, August 13, 2024

 Reflection: The Holy Trinity

As promised in Ezekiel 36:26-27 “I will give you a new heart and put a spirit in you: I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.  

 

“How many Gods do we have?” 

That was the first question I heard from the catechist when at seven years old, I attended a weekend Catechism class with some of my friends.  

My underdeveloped mind got confused with that very serious question. The life-sized images inside the church whenever we attended Sunday mass came to mind. How many were they? 

My friends had answered that question and every one of them heard a No! reply from the catechist. 

“What about you?” she asked pointing her finger on me. 

 “S-seven?” I mumbled, my fingers twitching. 

 She shook her head and said “No!”. 

“Now, seat and listen. We have only one God: that is, the Holy Trinity. Three divine persons in one God--the Father creator of the universe, the Son, the redeemer of the world, and the Holy Spirit, who is God’s gift to the creation he loves much. 

Words I heard from the catechist are all mind-boggling, so I kept telling myself to understand what they all meant. 

As maturity crept in, I accepted and believed whatever I heard from our church leaders about the Holy Trinity.  

Finally, I had the opportunity to join a Life in the Spirit seminar. Lo and behold, I personally felt the God touching me as I was undergoing a baptism in the Holy Spirit. 

That event gave me a personal and intimate relationship with God. Now, I can hear Him speaking in my heart and guiding me always.  




No comments: